Welcome to Cathy Clark Creations!

...the Lord will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing! Zeph 3:17

Friday, October 15, 2010

Spooky Nite Easel Card, ADFD Challenge

Happy Friday everyone! Has this week gone by fast or what? Where does the time go, I wonder. Most days it feels like there are not enough hours in the day!
Today my card is for the third Friday of the month A Day For Daisies challenge # 4 "As much black as possible!". I tried something a little different---an Easel Card and I used vellum in the oval after printing the "Spooky Tree" digital image and embossing it with black embossing powder.It looks a bit wrinkled at the top of the vellum in this photo, but it really isn't. Then I placed a battery operated tea light behind it. I think the light behind the tree gave a nice warm glow. I borrowed this idea (with permission) from Bonnie from Priceless Scrapbooks and More. She made a beautiful Christmas card like this. The challenge is for us to use "as much black as possible" which would usually be kinda hard, but because it's Halloween time, it was alot easier. I had to use a touch of orange to give it a little punch! :-)
Card Recipe
Papers: CS-Bazzill, DP-K*I Memories Pop Culture "Wing Ding", and Doodlebug Design "Tuxedo Dot"
Ribbon: May Arts Halloween collection
Gel Sentiment and Orange Disk: Gel Candy by K*I Memories "Haunted Shapes"
Page Pin Up: 4 in. Baroque Black by Karen Foster Design (hard to see in photo---pinned through orange ribbon knot)
Nestibilities: Oval and Scallopped Oval
Hope you enjoyed today's card---it proved to be a bit challenging putting all the layers together and making sure it all lined up well---but I LOVE how it turned out! Please jump over to A Day For Daisies, see the other DT entries, and give this challenge a try as well---the more the merrier!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs and God Bless!
Cathy

7 comments:

  1. Cathy, you guys went hard with the Flower Basket Challenge this time... I'm gonna start flipping through my paper after I take a snooze...

    Your card looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a great idea. I love that you used vellum so you can see the light, perfect for a Halloween inspired card! It's funny, I haven't used vellum in ages and pulled mine out yesterday to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable! An easel luminary - I love it!! Your embellishments are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy,
    Wonderful card ! I also love Easel cards and think it fun that we both created one. I also adore this image and have colored it and made a few cards with it too.

    You did a great job...thanks for sharing!

    Lis

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is wonderful! and you are just so very creative to combine both the easel and the luminary! cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful easel card. And I love the idea of putting a tea light in there to highlight the focal image. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative and super gorgeous! We're sorta neighbors - I'm in Alabama!

    ReplyDelete